A blog about my experience growing up with both Taiwanese and African heritage, and my love for classic Chinese music,arts and culture.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Taiwan has been awesome so far......................


At the chiang kai shek Memoria

I have been in Taiwan for a couple of days now and so far its been awesome, we met uncles, aunts, cousins, and a lot of my fathers' friends from when my father used to worked in Africa. some of these people we have not seen for over twenty something years, but we were surprise that they still remember us, from when we were kids.

We have actually been staying in the city of Toucheng (頭城) Yilan county, about an hour drive from Taipei by bus, but i try to go into Taipei as much as i can, there is just so much stuff to see and do there. I spent the whole day at both the chiang kai shek Memorial and Taipei 101, and what can i say, it was fun, the shopping, the sights, its just one of those things you have to experience to know what i am talking about.


The view of Taipei from Taipei 101


With my Dad and brothers outside Taipei 101

Tomorrow we are going to the Taroko national park, i heard there is no other place like this in the world. so check back for more development as i make my way around this beautiful yam shape Island.

No comments: