A blog about my experience growing up with both Taiwanese and African heritage, and my love for classic Chinese music,arts and culture.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Those good old days.....

Old picture of us in Liberia in 1982, my dad is the first on the right, i am the kid with the red or orange shirt and short black pants, with my uncle holding me, my brother is behind the bike, and my cousin mei mei is infront the bike.

Today i was listening to the legendary Teresa Teng singing her hit song good bye my love 鄧麗君~~再見我的愛人, and i could not help but think about my dad. the guy is just a big,big Teresa Teng fan, but hey who can blame him, with such lovely voice like that, she was truly one in a million.

Here is the video of Teresa Teng singing her hit song, good bye my love.






My father had come to Africa in the early 70s as a young man fresh out of the Taiwanese army looking for adventures, he met my mom and a year later i was born. i remember as a kid growing up in the Liberia, there was always something going on in our house, there was a huge and active Chinese community in Liberia, from both the mainland, and Taiwan, and every week, these folks will all come to our house to eat and play marjong. it was always loud and the air was always it seems fill with cigarette smoke, but those were good times, we kids had a lot of fun, while the older folks play and gamble.

No comments: