A blog about my experience growing up with both Taiwanese and African heritage, and my love for classic Chinese music,arts and culture.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

some old and random pictures i found in the attic.



My Dad (first on your left) with members of the agriculture mission to Africa, my dad still work for the Taiwanese government in south africa today.






My dad first again on the left, with friends back in Taiwan.


Old family pictures of us in 1982, my dad is the first on the right, i am the one in shorts and a shirt, my brother is behind the bike. the picture was taken in Liberia, africa. the car in the back was my dad first car he bought in africa. my God that seem like a century ago.

2 comments:

Jeff Miller 米傑富 said...

Dear Emmanuel,

Great pics!

I'll copy my reply to your comment on my blog at the end of this note. Don't know if you've seen it. Interesting, your family connections with the ICDF Technical Missions. By chance, I've had some experience w/ the ICDF, translating a book that explains their mission in story form (http://www.icdf.org.tw/english/e_pub_anual_contect2.asp?m080_id=4&m080_version=1) and have had chances to meet with some of the administrators since. You should stop by their HQ (in Beitou) when you visit in March. I think they'd enjoy to meet a member of the second generation!

Jeff.

also, thank you for making me a link on your blog link list. I'm honored.

-----------------------

My first cross-Pacific comment (I think)! Thanks. I've strong personal ties with Minnesota and Minneapolis, so was doubly grateful for your message.

If you would appreciate more suggestions about places around the island to visit or have specific questions that itch for an answer, feel free to send them to my e-mail account. Perhaps I can help, or at least steer you in the right direction.

I completed recently a tourism guidebook project for Chunghwa Telecom, the national Yellow Pages provider. Did field research, drafted text, provided photos and produced the graphic design and layout that will end up as 22 pages in the front section of the 2007/2008 edition of the CHT Yellow Pages. Content covers 4 tourism "destinations", including the Hualien Coast, the North Coast, the southern Central Mountains (Yushan/Alishan) and Greater Tainan. After it is published, I plan to include on this blog information on / directions to some visit suggestions.

Again, thanks for the note. If you have further questions, feel free to drop a line.

Cahleen @ The Alt Story said...

Wow, what an interesting life you lead! I found your blog because you linked to my blog (thanks by the way), and I was just admiring your pictures. What was it like growing up in a multicultural home like yours? I look forward to reading more about it on your blog!