A blog about my experience growing up with both Taiwanese and African heritage, and my love for classic Chinese music,arts and culture.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Timi Zhuo 卓依婷 - 谁料皇榜中状元


I am a huge huge fan of classic Chinese opera ballads, and music.Here is Timi Zhuo 卓依婷 one of my all time best singers singing a classic Chinese opera ballad call the Emperor's Female son-in- law.This song is an excerpts from some of the most classic and popular Chinese opera ballads.


为救李郎离家园 I left homeland for the life of my husband
谁料皇榜中状元 Unexpectedly I won the first place in imperial examination
中状元着红袍 Number one scholar is wearing the red garment
帽插宫花好啊好新鲜 It's quite a new and exciting experience for me
我也曾赴过琼林宴 I have been invited to emperor's banquet
我也曾打马御街前 I have been riding a horse along the emperor's street
人人夸我潘安貌 People praised me of my beauty
原来纱帽罩婵娟 but never know I'm actually a woman
我考状元不为把名显 All I have done is not for fame
我考状元不为作高官 and glory
为了多情李公子 but for my beloved husband
夫妻恩爱花好月儿圆 I wish someday we could be together again.

This album of Timi was released in 2003.

No comments: