A blog about my experience growing up with both Taiwanese and African heritage, and my love for classic Chinese music,arts and culture.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Beautiful Hokkien song from Taiwan...

Here is one of my all time favorite Taiwanese song sang in Hokkien a dialect in Taiwan.
Many other artists including Timi Zhou have their own randition of the song, but i like this randition of the song by Joyce Lim the best.
the song is call 爱拼才会赢 which means, Keep working hard to succeed.

I am not sure if Joyce Lim is Taiwanese, i always thought she was Malaysian, But who cares right? the sing is still great.
Enjoy folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joyce Lim is supposedly from Penang Malaysia and sings in Penang Hokkien. I wish somebody who really knows her would write a Wikipedia page about her and maybe a blog article on this site or Study More Chinese or FluentU, etc. Before Youtube I had no idea that such a great and lovely singer existed. I have gotten a few of her CDs and DVDs from YESAsia but mostly just watch and listen on Youtube ( and sometimes her songs are taken down in Youtube, a few have never yet returned ).